Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Bit more Personal This Afternoon!

Well, first off in the next day or so, I will be posting some good deals at Walmart with coupons! Help us save money there also!

Next. Today was bill paying day. Yuck. We know how that works. We get up, grab some coffee, balance the check book, online versus our screwed up (if you are like me) missed check balance book.. We screetch, either  in joy or disgust (depends on whether your hubby had the checkbook/ debit card)... and we start paying.. Writing those checks gives me both a sense of accomplishment and the mortal feeling of disgust. Watching the balance go down and down really makes me sick. Am I going to have enough to pay everything? Buy groceries for the next week? Get Logan a special present because he thinks the potty is fun? Hopefully, after all the bills are paid, the final check is signed, dated, envelope licked and stamped, there is just a few dollars left for a yummy coffee.

Power is going up I feel. I compared my April 2010 bill with my April 2011 bill.. Ouch, almost $20 difference.. Probably mostly because it is still cold (dang Michigan Weather) and my heaters for my Automatic Waterers (for the horses) are still running, Jason had to plug in his truck last night and Daisy's bucket is plugged in still (out door beagle..). I am afraid to look at my propane tank. It was just filled up in January or February. $703 later and the stupid furnace (we mostly rely on an outdoor wood burner for heat and hot water) had to heat the house because it was so warm during the day the outdoor wood burner would smolder out! Danged if you do, Danged if you don't..

Then Gas.. Shit.. That's all that needs to be said.

So basically our budget is stretched tight. I am expanding it by coupoining, selling extra things (thank you Kristy for buying my Breast Pump!) and trying to cut back on those oh so delicious, yummy, satisfying but addicting Cabin Creek coffees.. Even though I would love for them to have another location, my budget is glad they don't.. and if they ever do a drive thru I am so screwed! I am also trying to limit Jason (and myself) on take out. We don't have much to choose from in the boonies, but even when we run to town, it adds up!

I guess that is my motto this year.. Cut back, trim the fat, and watch my ways.. wow, this could apply to the diet too! and now I get to go figure out if the budget can squeeze me a bag of Rice Bran for the boys(horses) and dig out my awesome birthday gift certificate for Cabin Creek. I deserve one after paying the bills!

1 comment:

  1. You should be on that couponing show on TLC.. LOL.. I have started to look into different coupons, its a little confusing, but I'm learning. I completely agree with you, I also use my check book, (not an online pay kind of girl), and I feel a sense of relief but nausea at the same time. =)
    Oh and from one of your previous posts, It is true that at Walmart if you tell them that say milk is on sale at neimans for 2.99 or something they will give it to you for that, but you have to make sure you tell them that BEFORE they ring it up. Any more tips on good coupons and couponing keep them coming! Thanks!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete