Thursday, April 21, 2011

Carseats, Is More Money really worth it?

So, once again and more personal blog/question for you. We all must have them, well the kids; we must spend the money on them. We like them to look cute, manly, and stable. Mostly we like them to be safe.

    So is there really that much difference in the quality of a $50 car seat versus a $500? I don't know. Is it truly worth it to buy a $500 car seat? Is Britax really that much better of a quality than Graco? Is the safety that much different between an Evenflo and a Britax?

    I mean, I always want my kids to by safe, but do I really need to drop $349 for a carseat that last them to 65lbs when they want kids in them till they are 100lbs? I really don't think so. I have made my decision. I am getting Abby a My Ride 65 by Graco. It's a nice seat, highly rated by people like me (the one lady has her "dream truck" that is s ¾ ton Dodge Diesel.), that will keep her rear facing till 40 lbs or 2 years (or until I go crazy). I have the Graco Nautalist for Logan, a super seat that is front facing only but will take him all the way through to a backless booster. I really like the Graco brand, heck, Abby's crib is a Graco! While I love my Chicco carseat, it was a great seat for the kids to get them through to this point; I haven't seen an as highly rated front facing carseat as the Graco brands for the price.

    What do you all think? What is your favorite carseat? What do you look for when looking at carseats?

No comments:

Post a Comment